1. There's a new saying in our house now: Cheeca Happy...because our mini-vacation for Dave and I to Cheeca Lodge was THAT good.
2. I always seem to miss the really cool stuff - like a dolphin swimming under our kayak.
3. me + swimming in the ocean with goggles + 1 inch from ramming my entire face into a monstrosity of a jelly fish = no more swimming in the ocean.
4. When Dave and I kayak together - we always veer to the right. It's a phenomenon we can't change.
5. I realized I have sleeping issues when I'm in an awesome resort and can't sleep at night because its TOO QUIET.
6. I ALSO realized why I don't get manicures - because I turn into some non-functioning human being where I can't do anything for myself that involves my nails in fear of ruining the polish...like open a can of
7. Having time away with Dave to remember why we fell in love was worth every second we missed Hazel and every penny we spent.
..........................
YOU
1. Your Open House for your new class was this week. I left feeling encouraged, excited, and at-ease. We love your new teacher, Ms. Gina, and all the same classmates from this year have moved on to the next class. What a fun experience for you all to grow-up together (even if you are the smallest and youngest).
2. In the mornings, you are the cutest you can be with your bed head and scratchy voice asking for your "mooty" (smoothie).
3. I just bought Crocs and sandals for you to learn that none of them are allowed in your new classroom. Figures.
4. I love how you are starting to put phrases together and say short sentences.
5. I ask you about 7 times a day to say Octopus, just so I can hear you say "Opp-O-siTS".
6. We have very little photos of you right now because you won't let us take pictures of you AT ALL...instead you want to be the photographer and "seee?"
7. You sing songs. Songs I didn't even know you knew...like "rain, rain, go away"...It's a reminder to me that I miss out on so much while you are at school...but I love all the little surprises of what you have learned while I am away.
1 comment:
I love reading about hazelbug! I like how she says octopus - get a video! You'll wish you had when she starts saying it the right way! Why aren't crocs allowed at school? :)
Post a Comment