Friday, January 6

Traditions


I'm sure its shocking to everyone that knows me that I am a TRADITION gal. I love all kinds, and I admit, I get a little bent out of shape when something goes wrong. I'll try and work on that. I want our house to be full of traditions for Hazel (and hopefully her siblings someday).

Blog searching and Pinterest hunting doesn't help...I already have ideas of what I want to do for each holiday - painting polka dot pumpkins, Milkshake & Movie Friday, bowls of different colored ornaments around the house, craft days for each holiday ofcourse....the list goes on and on.

My biggest fear is that I'll just be all THOUGHT and won't follow through. There are SO MANY THINGS already since Hazel has been born, that I've wanted to do...but never put the effort into completing. And ofcourse...I already regret them!

So it's my new goal - among others - to have intention this year. To be intentional with my desire to create traditions in this family...to plan ahead...to go ahead and do whatever it may be even if I'm so exhausted, or Hazel is whiney as all get out, or Dave thinks its silly. I remember all the little things my parents did for me and I cherish them. I remember putting cookies out for Santa and being shocked that there were just crumbs left...and being totally confused to see a carrot half chewed and rabbit prints all in the dirt on Easter...and having huge wonderfully chaotic birthday parties/dinners with all our family/Craig family...I love all these little things I want to pass along fun traditions that Hazel will remember someday too.

It's exciting!

1 comment:

Milly said...

I have the same fear too. Between working and being generally exhausted, I haven't done much in terms of starting traditions with my son. It's something I want to start (thank goodness he's only three years old). Even if it's only a few traditions...he'll remember and appreciate them forever.