There are so many crafts and quirkly little things I want to do with Hazel...and never seem to figure out the time to get it done. Christmas crafts...Halloween crafts...Valentine crafts...it's Friday crafts...
{Insert Violin Here}
By the time I pick up Hazel from her school, most days run to the grocery store, get home, try to start dinner, try to exercise, eat, shower/bath Hazel, and get her to bed, we BARELY fit it all in by 8pm. And the night is pretty much a wash if we have extra errands to try and accomplish like returning a bathing suit to Victoria Secret or running to Home Depot to get motion detector lights (still haven't done btw...)....and the gym? There's absolutely NO time for the gym. Then as she is snuggled so wonderfully in her bed, I think - DANG IT! Another day gone by and we didn't do any fun-exploring-crafty-stuff! Then the weekend comes...and its filled with so many of the errands and laundry and dishes and cleaning that we couldn't seem to get caught up on during the week. Sunday night rolls around, and all my stickers and cut outs and watercolors and still just sitting there...in their package...never used. And my shoulders hunch, a big sigh, and I feel defeated all over again. YES. We did do some fun things with Hazel...but there's never enough time to do the crafty things I see so many other families doing. What's wrong with us? Why can't we get our you-know-what together?! I honestly don't have an answer...maybe it's because I don't get up at 5am...or I don't stay up late enough to finish all the laundry or dishes. I kinda sorta like mornings...maybe I would be a good morning person if I tried getting up at dark-thirty and see how it goes. It's worth a try...because all these silly little projects and traditions are something that I really want to do with Hazel...little things that she will remember and hopefully do with her children someday and rave about how awesome her mom is(that'd be me in case you're getting lost) and her children will look at their grandmother (again...this is me...)that she's the most spectacular person in the Universe (sans their mom...which would be Hazel).
**And if anyone has the magic secret - please pass it along!!**
1 comment:
i have no advice...other than to say...you are doing a wonderful job of being Hazel's mom! Okay, maybe I do have advice...what if you set aside one saturday morning a month to be Mommy and Hazel Crafty time? Honestly, being only two, she probably only has a twenty minute attention span, but at least you will get to do some of the things you have been wanting to and then you can let go of those guilty feeling.
i love to hear you share Katy...wish you lived closer!
Post a Comment