Monday, September 10

Two-and-a-Half


My dear Hazel.
Everyday you change just a little bit into a much more grown up little person.
 For this first time Mama, it's purely astounding. You say phrases that totally catch me off guard, and make me belly-laugh with joy. You have started to make up your own language, and then laugh at yourself. And what really makes me smile is your ability to light-heartedly joke about your own self. I want you to always have an open mind about your self....that we make mistakes and we will fail...and it's okay to laugh and it's a must to get back up. It's a life-long work in progress task and you are off to a great start.

What you are saying these days:

I've never seen this before ever. (then you scoff)
It's a Ment Truck! Hiccup Truck! Liver Truck! (Cement Truck/Pickup Truck/Delivery Truck...you love to point out different trucks)
I don't want to smell your mouth.
Leave me alone - Christmas is far away.
I have blond hair like Rapunzel.
Tell me a story about when I cried when you took my book away.

You are almost 24 pounds...and around 33 inches 'tall'.
You still wear size 6 in shoes, and you can fit into 2T clothing...along with 9 month stuff as well. We've just turned most of your dresses into long shirts with leggings.
And guess what?! No more diapers for you little girl!! The last week of July we threw diapers out the door and bought the cutest little undies a person has seen. You still have an occasional accident which you are quick to let us know, "It's okay. I had an accident. It's okay".
And yes. (hanging my head low here) you still use a pacifier.


You love baby dolls and the accessories.
Squinkies are in abundance at our house.
You are interested in having us spell words for you.
Instead of cuddling up to small little cute stuffed animals at night,
you prefer to snuggle books.
After we read our books before bed, you pick a book to sleep with.
You are a funny kid.

You have started to say "I love you" to us on your own,
give us great big bear hugs and sloppy wet kisses on your own.
It's enough to make my heart explode.
It's a day I waited and prayed for years to experience.
Thank you Hazel for filling my heart with so much joy I didn't know was even possible.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I arrived on your page by accident but I just wanted to say this post is so lovely it brought a tear to my eye but warmed my heart at the same time. All the best for your family in the future :)