Saturday, November 17

Your Daddy

I write my blog mostly for you my dear Hazel...and lately I've realize that I don't talk much about your Daddy. It's not because he doesn't deserve a spotlight...he most certainly does. It's more because of my sensitivity to others...I've learned through my own personal struggles and through those of my friends and family, that you just never know someone's story...and we all have one. What may seem like normal or no big deal to you, may be the very thing that your neighbor struggles most with or has terrible heartache over.  I try so hard to make sure I keep everyone else happy that I can sometimes forget my own little family's happiness. SO. With that said...I want to let you know a few things about your dad:


He's silly. And my hope is he will stay that way for as long as we live. He will play tea party or throw a football. We have a VERY hard time brushing your hair...or even coming near it for that matter (Thanks Rapunzel movie) so your Daddy created a character named -- wait for it -- Carl. Carl is a hair dresser who also does Rapunzel's hair and really enjoys shopping. And sometimes you will scream across the grocery store "HAAAY CARL!" in a deep southern accent. Your Daddy just smiles and waves.

(Carl)

Your Daddy is good to your Mama. He loves his family. He works hard at home and at work. And he's a good husband. No...he's not perfect...but that's okay. He tries his best to make us happy. I can tell you with all the confidence in the world, that he would do anything for us....like give me a foot rub every night for 9 months...and make potato soup when we're sick...and work late to provide for us...and tell you a story about Rapunzel for the 18th time in an hour. He's a good man Hazel and I know he will teach you many things in life.

 
Your dad is honest. Loving. Tender.
He loves watching sports...knows the strangest trivia questions,
and can make a mean creme brulee.
I am so thankful that I met your dad...fell in love with him...
and married him.
We are both lucky ladies.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Great post. Dave is an incredible man and H is lucky to have him for a daddy. And Carl is freaking hilarious. You truly cannot catch the whole 'essence' of Carl ify ou don't see him in person. xxoo