Friday, May 9

Four is FUN!


You turned 4. Awhile ago. And things are moving at lightning speed.

You are big into bugs these days...not LIKING them...but screaming, panicking, and running very far away from them. Yet you also have 40 pretend spiders that you like to have crawl all over people...but godforbid an ACTUAL spider comes within 10 feet of you. We lost a bug one day that you found and you were quite concerned...and then informed me that "there is a serious situation going on with that bug's butt".

You ask the most amazing questions that I 100% do NOT know how to answer. You've asked "what happens at the end of the days"...and I clearly answered that we brush our teeth and go to sleep, just like every other end of the day. After much frustration between the two of us, you finally said, "NO...the END of the end of all the days. Is that going to happen? What do we do when there are no more days?" Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............................................blink. blink. I was way out of my comfort zone with this question!

Then after watching Frozen for the 467th time, before bed you started asking why Elsa was Anna's mommy after their parents died in a boat crash. I said that she wasn't her mommy, but her sister, and that we only get one mommy and daddy, but Elsa and Anna's just happen to be with God, and not with them...and I'm thinking that was the WRONG answer because then for 15 minutes I was stumbling trying to answer how we are not going to die and leave you Hazel, and how sad you would be if we left you so soon and you clung to me like you'd seen a spider. Oh dear.

After telling you no, we cannot swim in the ocean this beach trip, you wailed at the top of your lungs, "But then why did God make the water if we canNOT swim in it???"

You have informed me that it is *I* who needs to save my money, because you have your money saved in your wallet to buy a new Elsa dress, but that it's me who goes out and spends all the money, so I need to save it for our next Disney trip.
oookay.

"I was just in my room, Mom, saying a prayer to God that you don't have to wash my hair today."

"It is my life. And it is my body. And I will be the one who chooses what rides I will ride on in Disney World"

"Mom. Why are your boobs so big? Are those the babies?"
Thanks honey. Nothing like a child to bring you down and eat some humble pie.

"I have perfectly peach soft skin. Mommy you have prickly skin. Daddy has hairy skin. Grandma has spotty skin. Grampa has old spotty skin. And Aunt Alison ... you also have peachy soft skin."


You love to paint. And color. (Although today you told us painting was out of season).
And pretend to write lists.
To play Hazel's Cafe...and you love to help in the kitchen.
You LOVE to watch movies. And swimming. And biking. And screaming from bugs.
"Dad, what do ants feel?" (as you smash them with your foot.)
You and Daddy have your battle of wills...and I admit that I giggle when I hear the two of you going back and forth of yes you will like a taco, and no I will NOT eat a taco and yes you will like a taco, you've liked it before, and no daddy I do NOT like taco's anymore, I only liked them when I was 2....because you are THE SAME PERSON, just one is big and one is small. But it always resolves in big hugs and happy smiles.

You eat some days...and not the others.
You grew an entire inch in 30 days!
Finally hit the 30# mark on the scale!!
You love raspberries and won't touch an egg now.
But there is always room for ice cream.

You love to organize. And you love to make a mess.
Gymnastics is your favorite thing on earth...
I envy your excitement for such a simple activity.

You come up and whisper that you love me. That I'm the best mama in the world. That you love me more than Disney World and Whip Cream. Those are the best moments of my day...week...month. You lighten my heart and my spirit Hazel with your soft touch on life. I know you will do great things in life, because you already have. We love you love bug!




No comments: