
Well, my mom FINALLY made it to California! She didn't have any major problems after leaving North Carolina...but said there's a whole lot of nothing from Oklahoma to California! She will be living in Paso Robles...I believe it's between San Fransisco and LA, near the coast...but I'm not all that sure! Dave and I hope to make it out there after Christmas. How fun!
And just a side note...it's funny to see different people's perception on life and such. Reading DAve's blog made me think, "but he's missing the best parts"...but really he DID highlight on HIS best parts of the weekend. Funny...
My version of the weekend:
For one, we didn't go to the gym on Friday. But, insted ate left over Lasagna (yummy recipe of Sandie's) and then went to 5th to have some "free" entertainment and get some energy out of POe. As always, she's got some serious pent up energy from the day, so we usually stand a ways apart and have her sprint between us both, works well by the way...except she doesn't really know how to stop all that great. I usually can get out of her way...until Friday....I saw her FLYING through the air, muscles working at their best, and fire in her eyes that she gets to R U N. And then it hit me...it being Poe. She collided into my knee full force and literally sent me UP into the air with a HARD crash on the cement. Ripped my toe up, bruised my right knee and the rest of the right side of my body...ouchies. Then she did the same thing on the beach...except this time I landed head first into the sand and landed on the same bruised side as before. OUCHIES. I could barely walk back to the car.
Funny...how that was the biggest part of my night and yet DAve didn't even mention it...HOwever, I would never have mentioned anything about his golf game on Saturday...The rest of the weekend was slow paced and wonderful. I am really excited to raft it on the beach when Dee gets here too!
So, I just had to put my two cents in on the weekend, as we obviously have very different views! HOpe everyone's was great too!
3 comments:
Funny, I thought we went to the gym on Friday....I guess it's the thought that counts, right?
D
haha David is funny! It's the thought that counts??? then why am I not REAL skinny?!?!?!?! Kate, watch out for large running dogs!!!
Love you both. Aunt S.
haha David is funny! It's the thought that counts??? then why am I not REAL skinny?!?!?!?! Kate, watch out for large running dogs!!!
Love you both. Aunt S.
Post a Comment