Monday, June 2

Gary. The Bird.

For all of you who are on the edge of your seat waiting to hear more about Gary The Bird...
WELL - He was in his make shift nest for about two days...then he was gone...then I was looking up at the tree one afternoon and said, "I wonder where Ga-HEY! There's Gary!!" He was getting better at flying...but not quite there yet. He 'flew' from the tree, hit the screen on our lanai, which prompted Poe to jump up and grab him in her mouth - meanwhile I'm screaming at the top of my lungs at Poe to let go of Gary. She does - and Gary flops and flails over to a bush where he sits petrified and wet from Poe's slobber.
To top it off Poe ripped out an entire section of screen in the meantime.

Soooo....a day later.....
Gary is no longer in the bush, but over by the tree hopping on the ground pecking, and his mom and dad are flying around making sure he's okay!
It was such fun to see.

Hopefully he'll get his wings soon!

No comments: