Tuesday, September 7

Why? Seriously...W.H.Y.?

Why are some days and weeks just so crappy. Like a big ball of Poo.
These past few days have been really testing my patience in life...and I never liked tests to begin with. When it rains it pours, right? Right.

Thursday I'm excited to spend my day off with my baby girl and SO excited for our long weekend ahead! BOOM. We both come down with nasty colds. Friday I have to stay home from work, along with Dave because I turned from Super Mom to Super Worthless. Thankfully I have a marriage that when one of us is weak, the other is stronger. Dave has been wonderful all weekend.

Then it's all these stupid things that happen that are just icing on the cake.

Like going to the store, it's sunny as can be....Hazel refuses to take a nap. Pukes all over the place in the grocery store. Check out and it's raining. Run to the car (hacking up my left lung), throw Hazel in the car along with the groceries, get in the car. It stops raining.

Go to Target to get ONE thing - Saline Drops for Hazel's nose. They are out.

Had a nice realization of how broke we are - then Farrah has some nasty rupture and infection pop up and off to the emergency vet we go...then the regular vet tomorrow for "surgery". Golly Gee. That's exactly what I was hoping would happen so I can wonder how I'm going to pay for THAT.
(And to think we were only moments before trying to pawn her off to the neighbor...feel kinda bad about that now...)

Make red beans and rice for the family tonight when I get back from the store and struggle for an hour with Hazel and a nap after she's finally down - We're out of Creole seasoning which is the main ingredient.

My car is showing signs of a struggle. It sounds like it has the same cold as we do - without AC.

I could seriously...go on and on and on...It's been one of those weeks.

I will say this. I am so thankful too.
I'm thankful to have health insurance.
I'm thankful to have friends that live 2 houses down, that can help us in a split second with an emergency.
I'm thankful to have an incredible job that is SO understanding of me being ill.
I'm thankful to have a dad that will help me with emergencies...even though I'm 32 years old.
I'm thankful to have a car...even if it's on the fritz.
I'm thankful that Bob and Sandie are enroute to the house as I type this...they will be a big help to us as we are healing at this house!
And most of all...I'm thankful for my baby girl and husband. My love for them does not depend on what kind of day I have or how much money we have in the bank...its there no matter what and that is something to be really thankful for.

No comments: