You are one day shy of being ONE! Actually, just a matter of hours now.
One year ago today, I had no clue of these things:
*That you would come SO quickly once my water broke, and surprise all the nurses, my doctor, and barely get everyone there for the birth!
*In a matter of hours, I would experience my first fainting episode...on a toilet no less.
*I would watch your Daddy get all choked up with tears once he realized that both his wife and daughter were healthy (this was BEFORE I fainted obviously)
*That I would ask the nurse if I was dying and told her, "Hey, I watch Grey's Anatomy...I know what all the "not" talking means..."
*I would see your Aunt Alison smile the biggest I've ever seen (until your cousin came along...)
*I was afraid to change your clothes because I thought I'd hurt you.
*You would have such a squishy face and big nose...that I totally loved and you've grown into by now
*That you would be so perfect in every possible way. It's true what they say about parents being blinded by the love of their children. I am the most proud mother of you Hazel. For all that we've been through together this last year, all that we've learned about each other, and all the times you threw up ALL over me
Happy Birthday Eve baby girl.
1 comment:
Such a sweet post! You are doing such a wonderful job of parenting and savoring each moment of it! I'm looking forward to many pictures!!
Hugs to all,
Nana
Post a Comment