Friday, February 11

Oh the little things...

There are so many details to try and remember
AND make sure I always do!
So my last (well probably not) time to look
back at the previous year...

These are all things I keep forgetting.

You have a hernia in your -- is it AT? -- belly button,
it looks like a cartoon characters nose,
and I will be so happy if/when it heals itself.
Dr. Shepard thinks you may need surgery to fix that issue.
(shocker)

You have always loved books.
Not so much sitting and letting someone read them,
you get about 3 pages in and that's enough,
but you love to pick them up, turn them over,
open the pages, turn the pages,
look at all the pictures and words.
I think it will make your Aunt Dee VERY excited if
you become an avid reader just like her.
(and if you had her smarts that'd be pretty cool too)

You have always held out your arms like you are
getting ready to fly. We can't figure out why,
but you've done it since birth!
Thus...swaddling was so NOT your thing.
But you still do it today, I hope that by the time
you are 20 you aren't still walking around with
your arms fully extended at your side.

You make this face.
I can't even describe it, but anyone who knows you
knows exactly what I'm talking about.
You put your top lip over your top "teeth"
and pull your chin down
(how many people are trying to do this right now?
like me doing it while I type??!!)
It cracks me UP! And it cracked everyone
 on the plane ride to Kansas up as well...
you had one man behind us in a full blown
laughter fit from your "face" to him!
You make me laugh every single day Hazel.
How lucky am I?!

1 comment:

Sandie said...

yes, I was attempting "the face" and yep, I'm laughing out loud! Thanks for keeping us in stitches, Hazel and Katie. :-)