Tuesday, June 14

Intention.

Catching your child doing something so sweet it almost makes you burst, is one thing I am so afraid I will forget. In 20 years when Hazel is off doing her own thing, will I remember all these super tiny moments that happen dozens of time a day? Probably not...
So my goal is to be intentional about Hazel and her tiny moments.
Write them down.
Take a picture.
Record the memory.

I would be so sad to forget the first time I caught her in our guest room, staring at frames on a bookshelf, quietly pointing at the faces, and saying the names of who she recognized, and then saying her famous "DAT?" of those she doesn't know...

I would be so sad to forget how she loves Posey so much, and how Posey tolerates her so well. How she was getting so tickled by Posey licking her face, that she would walk away from Poe, then run up to her, bend her face in Poe's mouth - Poe licks her face - then Hazel runs away in hysterical laugh. Repeat until Poe has had enough licking of "the new pack member that I don't particularly care for".

I would be so sad to forget how Hazel will say "Mom-Mee" and then almost immediately say "Dad-Dee" or vice versa. It's like she thinks we are an automatic go-together word. And how she will yell Mom-Mee with such energy and intention it almost makes you want to yell with delight, "WHAT Hazel?! What is it that is so exciting?!?!"

Be intentional. With everything you do. Do it with vigor, passion, energy. Just as children do. Especially my sweet Hazel.