Sunday, July 10
Our Week Together.
As I sit here on Sunday night, you are fast asleep and cozy in your bed, and I'm mentally preparing myself to head back to work tomorrow...I am remembering last week.
I took the whole week off of work to spend with you Hazel. I admit, I was a bit curious to see how it would go since the last time we had this much time together was when you were 8 weeks old! I'm happy to say we both survived...with flying colors to boot! I will cherish that week and remember it forever...since I don't know how many more of those I will get with it being just the two of us all week long.
Things I loved and learned:
-We went to the zoo and no one was there! (Sans Aunt Alilili and Ava). You had an awesome time...yet were scared of most of the animals...except the Giraffes.
-We had such relaxed mornings. So different then our school-day mornings, and it's something I didn't realize how much I would enjoy.
-You love the Germ-Jungle at the Mall.
-You squealed with delight at the Vineyards fountain park.
-Life was SO much calmer not working...I got rid of Mrs. K8Rush and was introduced to Mrs. K8Relaxed.
-You are funny. And have a sense of humor. It cracks me up.
-That I miss out on so many little things that happen during the day while I am at work...little movements, motions, sayings, and things that make you laugh. I am sad I miss those, but have faith that someday I can be with you full-time.
Things I could have done without:
-Short naps for some reason
-My week of vacation coming to an end.
I am even more envious of all the moms who get the JOY of staying home with their kiddos! Enjoy those little moments!
And lets hope this Monday isn't too rough on this heavy-hearted Mama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So sweet...sounds like a perfect week!
Thank you for this post. I worked for Kate's first year and have been staying home for about a year now. I love the relaxing mornings and getting to see my kids do all of the little things. But I will admit that some days I miss coffee at my desk, meetings that challenged my brain, and adult conversation. Thank you for reminding me to cherish the time I have and to be thankful that I have the choice. I know so many women would really love to be a SAHM.
Good luck tomorrow. Make the coffee strong and treat yourself to a nice lunch.
It's nice to see someone caring for their child this much. Good writing and cool stories.
Post a Comment